The APMP Professional Qualification — A 5 day course
The APMP is a professional qualification that recognises an individual's knowledge and experience in Project Management. It is awarded by the Association for Project Management, the UK professional project management association. It is designed for Project Management professionals in any industry.
Successful candidates may use the designation APMP after their name. If successful delegates wish to receive membership of the Association, they are required to submit an application. The registration fee is waived if they apply for membership of the Association within SIX weeks from the date of the Result Letter.
The syllabus for this event is based on the 5th edition of the Body of Knowledge, which is the latest release from the Association for Project Management.
After completing this course the student will be able to
- Create a structured project development strategy
- Implement appropriate project management procedures
- Use a variety of approaches to analysing project content
- Build, lead and manage a multi-functional project team
- Establish measurable success criteria
- Construct a project budget and use it to control project costs
- Monitor progress using Earned Value Analysis
- Use appropriate tools to manage quality
- Understand the implications of relevant health and safety regulations
- Understand the interfaces with related disciplines
Introduction to Project Management
- Project Management
- Programme Management
- Project Success Criteria
The Project Environment
- Project Environment Context
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Organisation Structure
- Organisational Roles
- Information Management
High Level Planning
- Business Case
- Strategy/Project Management Plan
- Work Content & Scope Management
- Life-cycle Design & Management
- Time Scheduling/Phasing
- Resource Management
- Budgeting & Cost Management
- Earned Value Management
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Change Control
- Configuration Management
Management & Leadership
- Conflict Management
Closing a Project
- (Post) Project Evaluation Review
- APMP Examination preparation and the Examination itself
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Birmingham — £1795 (+VAT)
Bristol — £1795 (+VAT)
Edinburgh — £1795 (+VAT)
Glasgow — £1795 (+VAT)
Leeds — £1795 (+VAT)
London — £1795 (+VAT)
Manchester — £1795 (+VAT)
Milton Keynes — £1795 (+VAT)
Newcastle — £1795 (+VAT)
This APMP course is designed for Project Management professionals in any industry. It is appropriate for people working in the management of projects ranging from individual assignments through to large capital projects or company organisational changes.
Before attending this course, delegates should have 2 years practical experience and knowledge in project management.
Candidates who lack experience or knowledge should first consider The APM Introductory Certificate course.
The course is designed to prepare delegates for the APM examinations.
The examination will be invigilated by a representative from the APM. The exam fee is included in the course price.