DeployStudio — A 2-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Apple page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This DeployStudio training course will focus on building a fully network based deployment system which will enable you to quickly and easily roll out custom images to your target machines.
The course is a combination of lecture, and hands-on case study exercises, that provide practical real-world experience, allowing you to learn how to create, customise and deploy images that you completely create yourself from scratch.
- This course is for anyone who has a requirement to efficiently and conveniently deploy Macs either in their workplace or for their customers. For anyone who is currently using the now discontinued NetRestore as their deployment tool, the course also covers transitioning from NetRestore to DeployStudio.
The following areas would be advantagous but are not essential:
- Some basic knowledge of Macs in a network environment
- Experience with Mac disk images
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- An introduction to DeployStudio and its suite of tools
Installation & Configuration
- Installing and setting up the DeployStudio tools
Using NetBoot for Deployment
- Understanding the NetBoot service
- Configuring the NetBoot service and creating simple NetBoot images
Booting your target computers
- Creating bootable netinstall-sets with DeployStudio
Imaging entire systems
- We will look at creating master images using DeployStudio as well as how to create modular system images
Imaging tasks and workflows
- You will get hands on practice running pre and post imaging scripts to perform common tasks such as naming computers, binding to active directory and configuring other computer specific settings
Importing Computer Settings
- We will show you how to export and import computer settings from alternative system management and imaging tools into DeployStudio
Automating the deployment
- How you can use DeployStudio to automate the Mac deployment process