Getting Started with Mac OS X v10.7 — A 1-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Apple page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This one-day course teaches students how to get the most out of Mac OS X. Instruction can be targeted to students' needs, addressing selected topics in depth, or presenting a general overview of Mac OS X. This course is conducted by an Apple Certified Trainer.
- This class is for those who are new to Mac OS X and want to learn how to make the most of this powerful operating system. The course is designed for Mac users who prefer hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore the full functionality of Mac OS X.
There are no pre-requisites for this class.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Getting familiar with Mac OS X
- Use Finder to work with files
- Work with Dock items
- Introduce information via Dashboard
- Set up your Mac to sleep, shutdown & log out of accounts
Using Mac OS X to get your work done
- Perform daily tasks on your Mac and manage multip applications to improve efficiency
Sharing your Mac with multiple users
- Set up multiple user accounts
- Share files between setup Parental Controls
- Understanding file permissions and switch between users
Overview of Applications shipping with your Mac
- Get a tour of features and enhancements to Mail, Safari and other applications
Leopard's new features
- Time Machine
- Quick Look and Spaces