BCS Certificate in Data Management Essentials — A 4 day course
Please see our Training Homepage for currently available courses.
This course prepares candidates to sit the examination for the Certificate in Data Management Essentials.
The course comprises short and focused lecture sessions with exercises to practise appropriate techniques.
Discussion of the problems and issues experienced by attendees will be encouraged.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Act as a member of a Data Management team within an organisation
- Implement an industry standard 'best practice' approach to their Data Management work
- Understand the roles and skills required in database administration, data administration and repository administration
- Contribute to Technology Direction Evaluation
- Aid in the construction of a Data Charter
- Practise basic data administration, database administration and repository administration skills
- Develop procedures for managing an organisation's corporate data resource
This course is aimed at all staff who wish to gain the BCS Certificate in Data Management Essentials.
- Data Management practitioners
- IT/IS managers
- Business managers
There are no prerequisites for this course but it is expected that participants will be active in data management.
The course will finish with a one hour examination. Candidates who are awarded a pass for the examination are awarded the BCS Certificate in Data Management Essentials.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.