BCS Certificate in Programme and Project Support Office Essentials (PPSO) — A 4 day course
Programme and Project Support roles are becoming increasingly pivotal in their overall contribution to Programme and Project Management.
For many years, the Project Management professionals who undertake these roles have been overlooked in terms of career development.
Please note, this course also provides 28 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
On completion of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Appreciate the role of a PPSO
- Understand Programme and Project organisation structures
- Assist with estimating
- Understand planning and assist in the development of plans
- Understand Product Based Planning
- Understand and assist in the development of schedules using Network Diagrams, Gantt Charts and Resource Histograms
- Assist in identifying risks and the management of risks
- Understand the principles of Configuration Management and Change Control
- Assist with the management of programme and project documentation
- Understand the principles of Monitoring, Control and Reporting
- Prepare to successfully sit the BCS PPSO Foundation Certificate
Role of PPSO
Programme & Project Organisation Structures
Product Based Planning
Scheduling - Networks
Scheduling - Gantt Charts & Resource Histograms
Change Control & Configuration Management
Programme & Project Documentation
Monitoring, Control and Reporting
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Leeds — £1695 (+VAT)
London — £1695 (+VAT)
This BCS course is recommended for those currently working in a PPSO or who plan to do so and who currently work in an IS environment.
Attendance on this course will be of particular benefit to individuals working in project and/or programme offices supporting the planning, monitoring and control of projects.
It will also benefit individuals wishing to establish practical procedures to underpin the management of project undertakings by setting up a programme and/or project support office.
There are no formal requirements for entry to the course, although the candidate should have a basic working knowledge of IT.
The Essentials Certificate examination is taken at the end of the course on the final day. It is a one hour, forty question, multiple choice exam. The pass mark is 26 out of 40.
Candidates are advised that Photo ID must be brought to the examination (Driving License, Passport and named work ID badges are all acceptable).
This is a BCS requirement and delegates will be turned away from the examination if ID is not produced.