Check Point Certified Security Administration and Engineering R77 Fast Track — A 5 day course
Learn to troubleshoot Check Point security systems in GAiA.
Check Point Security Administrator and Engineering Fast Track is an advanced 5-day course that teaches how to effectively build, modify, deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security systems on the Gaia OS.
Delegates will study firewall processes and take a close look at user and kernel processing and Stateful Inspection.
Labs include configuring security gateways, implementing and troubleshooting VPNs, and performing advanced troubleshooting, upgrading and configuring tasks on the firewall.
Course Objectives include:
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots and update-exports
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment
- Use knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructures, chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables to perform debugs on firewall processes
- Build, test and troubleshoot a VRRP deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure User Directory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for Remote Access or across a VPN
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKE View, VPN log files and command-line debug tools
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and Multiple Entry Point solutions
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community including other VPN providers
- Create events or use existing event definitions to generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent to provide industry compliance information to management
- Troubleshoot report generation given command-line tools and debug file information
- Introduction to Check Point Technology
- Deployment Platforms
- Introduction to the Security Policy
- Monitoring Traffic and Connections
- Network Address Translation
- User Management and Authentication
- Identity Awareness
- Advanced and in-depth explanation of Check Point firewall technology
- Key tips and techniques for troubleshooting Check Point firewall technology
- Advanced upgrading concepts and practices
- Clustering with VRRP
- Clustering firewall, management concepts and practices
- Software acceleration features
- Advanced VPN concepts and implementations
- Reporting tools, deployment options and features
Lab Exercises include:
- Distributed Installations
- Stand-alone Security Gateway Installations
- Common Tools
- Building a Security Policy
- Configure the DMZ
- Configure NAT
- Monitor with SmartView Tracker
- Client Authentication
- Identity Awareness
- Upgrade to Check Point R77
- Core CLI elements of firewall administration
- Migrate to a clustering solution
- Configure SmartDashboard to interface with Active Directory
- Troubleshoot site-to-site VPNS with third-party certificates
- Remote access with Endpoint Security VPN
- SmartEvent and SmartReporter
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course is designed for expert users and resellers who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of a security gateway. This could include the following:
- System Administrators
- Support Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Anyone seeking CCSE certification
Successful completion of this course depends on knowledge of multiple disciplines related to network-security activities including UNIX and Windows operating systems, Certificate management, system administration, networking (TCP/IP) knowledge, and Check Point Security Administration course/CCSA Certification.
This course helps prepare for CCSA exam #156-215.77 and the CCSE exam #156-315.77 available at VUE test centers www.vue.com/checkpoint
They each contain 90 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. A passing score is 70% or higher in 120 minutes. The exam is based on 80% course materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products. Students must have a valid CCSA certification before challenging the CCSE exam.
The exams are not taken as part of the course nor are they included in the course fee.