Check Point Security Administration (CCSA) R71 Upgrade — A 3-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Check Point page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Check Point Security Administrator R71 Upgrade is a rapid three-day instructor-led course for Check Point's Security Management and Gateway Systems. This all-lab course teaches how to configure Check Point Software Blades including Firewall, IPSEC VPN, IPS, Network Policy Management, Logging & Status, and Monitoring, URL Filtering, Antivirus/Anti-malware, Anti-spam & Email Security. During this course, students will configure a Security Policy, secure communications across the Internet and defend against network threats.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Perform a backup and restore the current Gateway installation
- Identify critical files to purge or backup; import and export users and groups and delete administrators
- Deploy Gateways with sysconfig and cpconfig from the command line
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate
- Use SmartUpdate to apply upgrade packages and product licensing
- Perform a preinstallation compatibility assessment for upgrading to R71
- Obtain a license key
- Install a Contract File on Windows, SecurePlatform, Linux, Solaris, or IPSO
- Configure the Security Policy to permit traffic to DMZ resources
- Select the most appropriate encryption algorithm when securing communication over a VPN
- Configure a certificate-based site-to-site VPN
- Establish VPN connections to partner sites
- Configure a pre-shared secret site-to-site VPN
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing
- Configure Messaging Security to test IP Reputation, content based anti-spam, and zero hour virus detection
- Determine threats by site, configure Web-filtering and antivirus policy to filter and scan traffic
- This class is only for Check Point Certified Security Administrators to learn how to apply the latest R71 software blade technology.
Persons attending this course should have CCSA NG or higher certification.
This course helps prepare for CCSA R71 Upgrade exam # 156-910.71.To purchase an exam voucher please contact us for further information.
It contains 80 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. A passing score is 70% or higher in 120 minutes.
The exam is based on 80% course materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products.
Students should have CCSA NG or higher certification before challenging it.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Upgrade to R71
Encryption and VPNs
Introduction to VPNs
Messaging and Content Security
Lab exercises include:
- Install and configure a Security Management Server
- Install SecurePlatform
- Install SmartConsole
- Launch SmartDashboard
- Create Corporate Gateway Rules
- Install and test the Corporate Policy
- Create DMZ Objects and access rules in SmartDashboard
- Configure and test Hide NAT on the Corporate Network
- Perform a Security Gateway upgrade from the command line
- Create VPN community and rules
- Test and troubleshoot VPNs
- Modify the Rule Base
- Test Encryption with Certificates
- Create remote-access groups
- Configure gateway for IKE encryption
- Verify office mode IP assignment
- Test the remote connection
- Configure the mail server
- Observe mail traffic
- Configure policy to block attacks