Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) R75 — A 3 day course
This course has been retired. Please review the Check Point Certified Security Engineering (CCSE) 2013 R76 course instead.
Check Point Security Expert is a three-day instructor-led hands-on course, delivering the advanced concepts and skills to optimise the R75 Check Point Software Blade architecture. This course is designed to help maximise the performance of your Check Point security deployment with real-world scenarios including Identity Awareness, Clustering and Advanced VPN Concepts & Implementations.
During the course you will set up multiple security gateway clusters, analyse network intrusion alerts and generate advanced network traffic reports.
This course helps prepare for CCSE R75 exam. Exam vouchers can be purchased separately.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Use their knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructure including chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables to describe how to perform debugs on firewall processes
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment
- Configure SmartDirectory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for Remote Access or across a VPN
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing and High Availability deployments on an enterprise network
- Troubleshoot a Site-to-Site or Certificate Based VPN on a corporate gateway
- Optimise VPN performance and availability
- Manage and Test corporate VPN Tunnels
- Use SmartReporting and SmartEvent to provide industry compliant information to management
This course is suitable for technical persons who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades. This could include the following:
- Systems Administrators, System Engineers, Security Managers and Network Managers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel Partners who want channel program benefits
- Check Point Certified Security Administrators (CCSA) who want to achieve advanced certification
Persons attending this course should have Check Point Security Administrator training or certification and a working knowledge of networking concepts, Windows Server and/or UNIX, and experience with TCP/IP and the Internet.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Check Point Technology Overview
Advanced User Management
Advanced Clustering and Acceleration
Advanced IPsec VPN and Remote Access
Auditing and Reporting
User Mode Debug
Lab Exercises Include:
- Upgrading to Check Point R75
- Migrating to a Clustering Solution
- Configuring SmartDashboard to interface with Active Directory
- Configuring Site-to-Site VPNs with Third Party Certificates
- Remote Access with Endpoint Security VPN
- Generating reports using SmartEvent and SmartReporter