Check Point Security Expert (CCSE) R71 — A 5-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Check Point page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Check Point Security Expert is a five-day instructor-led hands-on course, delivering the advanced concepts and skills to optimize the R71 Check Point Software Blade architecture. This course is designed to help maximize the performance of your Check Point security deployment with real-world scenarios including advanced routing, load balancing and high availability. During the course you will set up multiple security gateway clusters, analyze network intrusion alerts and generate advanced network traffic reports.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Configure Administrative access to the Security Management server
- Process a change request based on an organization's infrastructure
- Implement Provisioning
- Modify remote gateways properties
- Configure applications for SSL VPN remote access
- Verify traffic is enhanced using SecureXL
- Deploy New Mode HA
- Configure ClusterXL in a corporate network
- Configure VPN in a clustered environment
- Configure and test VPN Tunnel Interfaces (VTIs)
- Configure and test Load Sharing Unicast and Multicast modes
- Setup and verify a QoS configuration
- Implement customized profiles to designated Gateways
- Manage profiles related to IPS rules
- Configure DLP Data Types
- Monitor and adjust DLP Policies
- Modify the IPS Policy to improve system bandwidth and protections
Technical persons who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades should attend this course. This could include the following:
- Systems Administrators, System Engineers, Security Managers and Network Managers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel Partners who want channel program benefits
- Check Point Certified Security Administrators (CCSA) who want to achieve advanced certification
Persons attending this course should have Check Point Security Administrator training or certification and a working knowledge of networking concepts, Windows Server and/or UNIX, and experience with TCP/IP and the Internet.
This course helps prepare for CCSE R71 exam # 156-315.71. To purchase an exam voucher please contact us for further information.
It contains 90 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. A passing score is 70% or higher in 120 minutes. The exam is based on 80% course materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products.
Students should have at least 6 months experience before challenging it.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
R71 Management Portal
Advanced Networking QoS
SSL VPN R71
High Availability and clustering
Advanced networking and routing
Troubleshooting and debugging
Lab exercises include:
- Build the management server and gateways and establish SIC
- Create a new Administrator
- Configure SmartWorkflow
- Install user databases and policies
- Enable SmartProvisioning
- Modify and push policy to gateways
- Install and enable SSL VPN in SmartDashboard
- Configure global properties
- Enable and configure SecureXL on the gateway and open connections
- Configure ClusterXL properties
- Modify the Rule Base
- Pass traffic through clusters
- View FTP connections with and without sticky decision
- Create Check Point QoS rules, install and test the policy
- Create a new IPS profile
- Generate and analyze an attack
- Install and configure the Data Loss Prevention software blade