Check Point Security Expert (CCSE) R71 Upgrade — A 2-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Check Point page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Check Point Security Expert is a rapid two-day instructor-led, all-lab course delivering the advanced concepts and skills to optimize the R71 Check Point Software Blades. This course is designed to help maximize the performance of your Check Point security deployment with real-world scenarios including advanced routing, high availability and debugging. During this all-lab course you will set up multiple security gateway clusters, analyze network intrusion alerts and generate advanced network traffic reports.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Configure Administrative access to the Security Management server
- Monitor and evaluate remote Gateways using SmartUpdate
- Use SmartUpdate to apply upgrade packages and attach licensing
- Implement Provisioning
- Modify remote gateways properties
- Configure applications for SSL VPN remote access
- Enhance traffic with SecureXL
- Deploy New Mode HA
- Configure ClusterXL in a corporate network
- Configure VPN in a clustered environment and demonstrate failover
- Install and configure SmartReporter
- Produce reports from consolidated log data and audit network traffic
- Implement customized profiles to designated Gateways
- Manage profiles related to IPS rules
- Monitor and analyze alerts to track and identify network intrusions
- Modify the IPS Policy to improve system bandwidth and protections
- Configure DLP Data Types
- Monitor and adjust DLP Policies
This advanced class is for Check Point Security Administrators with at least Check Point NGX experience to learn how to maximize R71 software blade deployments.
Persons attending this course should have at least CCSA NGX certification. Check Point Security Expert training or experience is strongly suggested.
This course helps prepare for CCSE R71 Upgrade exam # 156-915.71. To purchase an exam voucher please contact us for more information.
It contains 80 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. A passing score is 70% or higher in 120 minutes.
The exam is based on 80% course materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products.
Students need at least CCSA NGX certification before challenging it.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
R71 Management Portal
Use SmartUpdate R71
SSL VPN R71
Advanced Networking R71
Lab exercises include:
- Build the management server and gateways and establish SIC
- Configure Management portal on corporate site and partner site
- Create a new Administrator
- Configure SmartWorkflow
- Install user databases and policies
- Enable SmartProvisioning
- Modify and push policy to gateways
- Create a file-share application in the SSL VPN tab and permit access
- Configure global properties
- Enable and configure SecureXL on the gateway and open connections
- Configure ClusterXL properties
- Modify the Rule Base
- Pass traffic through clusters
- Deploy new mode HA
- View FTP connections with and without sticky decision
- Create Check Point QoS rules, install and test the policy
- Create a new IPS profile
- Generate and analyze an attack
- Install and configure the Data Loss Prevention software blade
- Kernel debugging and connection tables