Check Point Certified Security Engineering (CCSE) R77 — A 3 day course
Check Point Security Engineering is an advanced 3-day course that teaches how to effectively build, modify, deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security systems on the Gaia OS. We will study firewall processes and take a close look at user and kernel processing and Stateful Inspection. Labs include configuring security gateways, implementing VPNs, and performing advanced troubleshooting tasks on the firewall.
Course Objectives include:
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server.
- Upgrade a Management Server..
- Perform debugs on Firewall processes.
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment, a ClusterXL High Availability deployment, a management HA deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration.
- Troubleshoot a VRRP deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure User Directory to incorporate user information.
- Manage internal and external user access.
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based using IKEView, VPN log files, and command line debug tools.
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and MEP solutions.
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels.
- Provide corporate level protection to mobile devices using Check Point Capsule.
- Identify the four steps of emulation.
- Review the methods in which the Anti-Virus and Anti-Bot software blades prevent malware and bot infections.
- Set up a Threat Prevention profile.
- Review IPS profile properties.
- Review the available IPS protections and manipulate the action taken on packets when they match a threat.
- Generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent.
- Upgrading Check Point Modules
- Advanced Firewall
- Clustering and Acceleration
- Advanced User Management
- Advanced IPSec VPN and Check Point Capsule
- Threat Prevention
- Intrusion Prevention
- Auditing and Reporting
Lab Exercises include:
- Upgrading to Check Point R77.30
- Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration
- Migrating to a Clustering Solution
- Security Management Server High Availability
- Configuring SmartDashboard to Interface with Active Directory
- Mobile Access with Check Point Capsule
- Reviewing Threat Prevention Settings and Protections
- Working with Anti-Bot & Anti-Virus
- Deploying Threat Emulation
- Understanding IPS Protections
- Working with IPS Profiles
- SmartEvent and SmartReporter
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Dublin — £1750 (+VAT)
London — £1750 (+VAT)
This course is designed for expert users and resellers who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of a security gateway. This could include the following:
- System Administrators
- Support Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Anyone seeking CCSE certification
Successful completion of this course depends on knowledge of multiple disciplines related to network-security activities including UNIX and Windows operating systems, Certificate management, system administration, networking (TCP/IP) knowledge, and Check Point Security Administration course/CCSA Certification.
This course helps prepare for CCSE exam #156-315.77 available at VUE test centers www.vue.com/checkpoint
It contains 90 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. A passing score is 70% or higher in 120 minutes. The exam is based on 80% course materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products. Students must have a valid CCSA certification before challenging the CCSE exam.
The exams are not taken as part of the course nor are they included in the course fee.