Check Point Endpoint Security Full Disk Encryption — A 1-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Check Point page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This course teaches you how to configure and manage an Endpoint Security FDE protected device using the Endpoint Security FDE Management Console. You will learn the details of hard-disk encryption, and how best to deploy Endpoint Security FDE in your organization.
On completion of this course, delegates will learn:
- Given Privileged Permissions and Permissions Settings as defined in Endpoint Security FDE, define the role of users and administrators in your organization.
- Considering Endpoint Security FDE's encryption technology, choose the most suitable method for authenticating each user type.
- Install and confirm the installation of Endpoint Security FDE for the administrator with the installation CDs.
- Determine access levels for Endpoint Security FDE users and create user profiles.
- Select the suitable authentication method for a given deployment.
- Prepare a strategy to deploy Endpoint Security FDE to all company endpoints.
- Given existing configuration sets and profiles, implement an Endpoint Security FDE deployment for end-users.
- Install Endpoint Security FDE on a user's machine to initiate encryption and observe the installation process from the user's perspective.
- Perform basic profile maintenance procedures such as updating and upgrading profiles from client computers, and using Remote Help to re-permit locked-out users access to their systems.
- Configure Service Accounts for handling recovery files, update profiles, and upgrade packages.
- View and use the Local Event Database for monitoring an Endpoint Security FDE audit.
- View and transfer the local log file to the central log file.
- Create and deploy an uninstall profile from client computers.
- Develop a plan for recovering encrypted information from a hard disk.
- Customize the pre-boot environment.
- Troubleshoot a failed installation and repair corrupted boot sectors.
- Install and configure SmartCenter for Endpoint Security -WebRH for Web-based remote help.
- Manage Organizational Units to control user access and permissions.
- Provide remote help to Endpoint Security clients using SmartCenter for Endpoint Security -WebRH.
- You are a systems administrator, security manager, or network engineer who manages End Point Security deployments .
- Want to earn the Check Point Certified Specialist - Full Disk Encryption certification.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Windows and/UNIX, network technology, and the Internet.
Check Point Endpoint Specialist - Full Disk Encryption (CPEPS-FDE)
This course meets the requirements for exam #156-706.70 (not included - available separately)
This course has been retired and is no longer available.