Check Point Multi-Domain Security with VSX — A 3 day course
This course will provide you with an understanding of key concepts and skills necessary to effectively configure and deploy checkpoint VSX R67. This course provides hands-on training for installing VSX R67 on SecurePlatform.
You will configure Security Policies for multiple virtual systems, using the Provider-1 R71.10 Multi-Domain GUI (MDG)/CMA. You will also learn about managing multiple firewall-secured environments, and using Virtual Systems, Virtual Routers and virtual switches in a VSX R67 configuration.
You will understand how to perform advanced configuration tasks, such as establishing redundant VSX Gateways for High Availability and load sharing functions.
Delegates attending this course will be able to:
- Describe the VSX architecture
- Describe installation requirements for VSX R67 components
- Successfully install VSX R67
- Identify features and functions of VSX R67
- Demonstrate VSX R67 Gateway deployment in a VLAN environment
- Demonstrate VSX R67 Gateway High Availability deployment
This course is designed for systems administrators, security managers, or network engineer implementing VSX R67 in an enterprise environment.
Attendance of Check Point Multi-Domain Management with Provider-1 R71 is recommended.
To be certified as CCMSE you need to pass the provider-1 exam (156-815.71) as well as the VSX R67 exam (156-815.67). This course covers all the topics for the VSX R67 exam (156-815.67)
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- Installing Provider-1 R71.10 to manage VSX R67 on a SecurePlatform machine
- Installing the Provider-1 R71.10 MDG on Windows
- Configuring the Admin CMA
- Installing the VSX R67 Gateway on SecurePlatform
- Configuring the external Virtual router
- Managing Virtual Systems
- Configuring unique Policies for multiple Virtual Systems
- Implementing a Virtual Switch
- Implementing VLANs with VSX R67
- Implementing VSX R67 Gateway HA and load sharing.
- Deploying virtual systems in bridge configuration