Designing Cisco Data Center Network Infrastuctures v2 (DCNID) — A 5-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Cisco page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Design (DCNID) is a 4-day workshop-style course that covers the Cisco Data Center switching portfolio, including the Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, Catalyst 6500, Catalyst 4900, and Ethernet Blade switches. The course describes how to design Data Center network architecture with the Nexus and Catalyst platforms, utilizing a variety of features ranging from continuous operation, process resiliency, integrated security services, and virtualization, to power efficiency and management enhancements.
By the end of this course, you will be able to identify customer requirements across the entire Cisco Data Center product and solutions portfolio, and to design secure, stable and highly available Data Center networks consisting of access, aggregation and core layers.
After completing this training course the student will be able to:
- Discuss the challenges that network architects are facing today in the data center
- Describe the hardware and software architecture of Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 switches
- Explain data center network design strategies at component, network and architecture levels
- Select appropriate products and features to meet customer requirements for reliability, scalability, and security
This course is designed for Network Systems Engineers who design Data Center/enterprise networks.
Delegates should have the following skills:
- CCDA, CCNP, or CCIE Routing and Switching certification, or equivalent knowledge and experience
Recommended as preparation for exam(s):
- 642-971 - DCNID Designing Cisco Data Center Network Infrastuctures
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Data Center Design Models
- Data Center Business Objectives
- Data Center Networking Components: Cisco Platforms and Modules
- Data Center Environmental Requirements
Data Center Strategy
- Catalyst 6500 Virtual Switching System
- Unified Fabric and Unified I/O
- Host Technology
- Application Delivery
- Cisco Nexus 7010 Switch Positioning in the Data Center
- Hardware Architecture
- Software Architecture
- Switch Management
- Continual Availability
- Cisco Nexus 7010 Switch Security
- Cisco Nexus 7010 QoS Implementation
- Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Nexus 5000 Overview
Data Center Design Models
- Data Center Application Design
- Data Center Design Overview
- Current Network Designs
- New Network Designs
- Data Center Sizing