Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions v3.2 (ICSNS) — A 5 day course
This 5-day hands-on class gives you the essential knowledge and skills that you need to deploy Cisco MDS 9000 Family SAN switches.
Course topics include installing and bringing up the switch, configuring Virtual SANs (VSANs), domains, interfaces, and zones, implementing PortChannels, configuring management security, and basic troubleshooting.
You will also learn how to configure highly available FCIP tunnels and tune the performance of your FCIP links.
In the lab, you will configure the switch from an out-of-the-box state, perform non-disruptive software upgrade, configure VSANs and zones, and implement a high-availability SAN design that includes SAN extension with the FCIP protocol.
After completing this training course the student will be able to:
- Identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform
- Install the switch hardware and perform the initial software configuration process
- Configure virtual SANs (VSANs), dynamic VSANs, and manage domains
- Configure and zone FC interfaces
- Configure intelligent addressing
- Secure management interfaces
- Configure PortChannels and FSPF
- Explain how to implement FCC and QoS to reduce congestion and prioritize traffic flows
- Configure high-availability SAN extension with FCIP
- Implement inter-VSAN routing (IVR) for FCIP
- Tune FCIP performance
- Diagnose SAN problems and common configuration errors
This course provides in-depth technical training for system engineers, network engineers, and field engineers who need to deploy, configure, and manage MDS 9000 Series switches.
Understanding of basic data storage components and protocols and Fibre Channel SANs is recommended.
Recommended as preparation for exam:
- 642-356 CSSS
It is recommended that both the ICSNS & IASNS are attended before taking this exam.
This course is part of the Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Support Specialist Specialisation.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
MDS 9000 Platform Overview
- Introducing MDS 9000 Platform Components
- Using Intelligent Network Services
- Implementing Integrated Management
- Introducing the MDS 9000 System Architecture
System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Installing Switch Hardware
- Performing the Initial Switch Configuration
- Installing and Licensing SAN-OS
- Using Call Home
- Configuring VSANs
- Managing Domains
- Configuring Interfaces
- Configuring Dynamic VSANs
- Using Intelligent Addressing
- Implementing Zones
- Improving Management Security
Managing SAN Traffic
- FSPF and Port Tracking
- Configuring PortChannels
- Configuring Traffic Priority
- Protocol Overview
- Configuring FCIP
- FCIP High-Availability
- Implementing IVR for SAN Extension
- Tuning FCIP Performance
Troubleshooting Tools and Scenarios
- Diagnostic Tools and Methodolgies
- Capture and Analyze SAN Traffic
- Basic Troubleshooting Scenarios
- Lab 1: Quickstart Switch Configuration
- Lab 2: Configuring Call Home
- Lab 3: Creating VSANs
- Lab 4: Configuring Interfaces
- Lab 5: Configuring Zones
- Lab 6: Configuring PortChannels
- Lab 7: Implementing an FCIP Tunnel
- Lab 8: Configuring FCIP High Availability
- Lab 9: Implementing IVR for SAN Extension
- Lab 10: Tuning FCIP Performance
- Lab 11: Using SPAN and the Cisco Port Analyzer Adapter
- Lab 12: Upgrading Switch Software
- Lab 13: Challenge Lab