Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 2.0 (ICND1) — A 5 day course
The Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v2.0 is a five-day training course that focuses on providing the skills and knowledge required to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network,including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, connecting to a WAN, and identifying basic security threats.
At the end of this course students should be able to complete the configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of a small branch network under supervision.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage network device security
- Expand small- to medium-sized networks with WAN connectivity
- Describe IPv6 basics
Building a Simple Network
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Understanding the Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Starting a Switch
- Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Troublshooting Common Swith Media Issues
Establishing Internet Connectivity
- Understanding the TCP/IP Internet Layer
- Understanding IP Addressing and Subnets
- Understanding the TCP/IP Transport Layer
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Enabling Static Routing
- Managing Traffic Using ACLs
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
Managing Network Device Security
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Implementing Traffic Filtering with ACLs
Building a Medium-Sized Network
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing between VLANs
- Using a Cisco Network Device as a DHCP Server
- Introducing WAN Technologies
- Introducing Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Implementing OSPF
- Introducing Basic IPv6
- Understanding IPv6
- Configuring IPv6 Routing
- Performing Switch Startup and Initial Configuration
- Troubleshooting Switch Media Issues
- Performing Initial Router Setup and Configuration
- Connecting to the Internet
- Enhancing the Security of the Initial Configuration
- Device Hardening
- Filtering Traffic with ACLs
- Configuring Expanded Switched Networks
- Configuring DHCP Server
- Implementing OSPF
- Configure and Verify Basic IPv6
- Configure and Verify Stateless Autoconfiguration
- Configure and Verify IPv6 Routing
- ICND1 Superlab
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Birmingham — £1575 (+VAT)
Cirencester — £1575 (+VAT)
Edinburgh — £1575 (+VAT)
Leeds — £1575 (+VAT)
London — £1575 (+VAT)
Manchester — £1575 (+VAT)
Southampton — £1575 (+VAT)
Wokingham — £1575 (+VAT)
This course is intended for network engineers and administrators who will install, operate and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
This is an entry level course and is ideal for those individuals new to networking andlooking to start their Cisco Career Certification accreditation such as Cisco CCENT certification, or Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
Key Job Tasks
- Configure: Implement the identified solution by applying the planned implementation processes using Cisco IOS commands and applications in the correct order to the selected devices and portions of the network.
- Verify: Use the appropriate show commands and applications to ensure that the solution was correctly implemented and is performing as desired.
- Job roles: Entry-level network engineer, network administrator, network support technician, and help desk technician
The following courses are recommended for further study:
- ICND2 - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 - which covers topics in more depth and teaches learners how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in enterprise branch office networks and is required to gain CCNA Routing and Switching Certification
- IINS - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security - required to gain CCNA Security Certification.
- IUWNE - Implementing Unified Wireless Networking Essentials - required to gain CCNA Wireless Certification.
- ICOMM - Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration - required to gain CCNA Voice Certification.
- SSPO - Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations - required to gain CCNA SP Operations Certification.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic Windows navigation and keyboard literacy skills
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic IP addressing knowledge
Recommended preparation for exam(s):
100-101 - ICND1 Introduction to Cisco Network Devices Part 1
200-120 - CCNA - This is a composite exam consisting of both ICND1 & ICND2
Book your exam with Pearson VUE Testing Services.
Note: Passing the ICND1 exam (100-101) results in the award of the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) certification. Students taking the composite exam will only be awarded the CCNA Routing and Switching Certification , they will not be awarded the CCENT certification.
CCENT certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass either the ICND1 or ICND2 exam, or pass the current CCNA Routing and Switching exam, or pass a CCNA Concentration exam (Wireless, Security, Voice), or pass any 642-XXX professional level or Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams), or pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam.