Implementing Cisco MPLS Traffic Engineering & Other Features (MPLST) — A 2-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Cisco page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This course will enable customers to gather information from the technology basics to some of the more updated features and functions such as Traffic Engineering. The focus of the course is on the implementation of Traffic Engineering on an existing MPLS network.
Customized training is available to emphasize the specific requirements of the customer's network and business demands. The course is delivered in a balance of lectures, hands-on labs, and white board discussions.
After completing this training course the student will be able to:
- Identify MPLS's peer-to-peer architecture and explain label allocation, routing update distribution and packet forwarding model in this architecture
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot service provider support using the MPLS Carrier supporting Carrier service.Identify the MPLS Traffic Engineering architecture and explain how MPLS implements traffic engineering, establishes the constraint-based path and assigning traffic to traffic trunks
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot MPLS Traffic Engineering.
- The implementation of QoS on an MPLS network, including the use of Traffic Engineering tunnels reserving bandwidth from a "sub-pool".
The Implementing Cisco MPLS Traffic Engineering and Other Features (MPLST) course is recommended training for individuals seeking advanced MPLS based knowledge and skills.
- CCNA or equivalent knowledge
- BSCI - Building Scaleable Cisco Internetworks
- BGP - Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers
- QoS - Implementing Cisco Quality of Service
- MPLS - Implementing MPLS or have equivalent knowledge
- Practical experience with deploying and operating networks based on Cisco IOS and network devices is strongly recommended
Recommended as preparation for exam:
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
MPLS VPN Review MPLS Label Assignment and Distribution Frame-Mode/Cell-Mode
- Populating the LFIB with MPLS labels
- Packet propagation across an MPLS network and PHP
- Configuring MPLS VPNs
- The use of Route Distinguishers and Route Targets
MPLS Traffic Engineering Technology
- What is Traffic Engineering
- Business drivers for Traffic Engineering
- Traffic tunnels: Concepts, Characteristics and Attributes
- Constraint based Path Computation
- Role of RSVP
- Implementing TE policies
- Propagating TE link attributes with Link-State Routing
- Path setup and maintenance
- Traffic Flow modifications and autoroute
Configuring MPLS Traffic Engineering
- MPLS TE on the interface
- MPLS-TE support in OSPF and IS-IS
- Explicit and dynamic path options
- Link protection
- Bandwidth control
MPLS Quality of Service
- QoS models
- MPLS support for DiffServ
- Configuring QoS in Cisco IOS modular QoS CLI
- QoS implementation