Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN) — A 5 day course
The Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN) 1.0 course is an instructor-led course pre-sented by Cisco training partners to their end-user customers.
This five-day course aims at choosing, configuring, and troubleshooting the majority of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance remote access and site-to-site VPN features to reduce risk to IT infrastructure and its applications.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Evaluate the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance VPN subsystem
- Deploy Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance IPsec VPN solutions
- Deploy Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance Cisco AnyConnect remote access VPN solutions
- Deploy Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance clientless remote access VPN solutions
- Deploy advanced Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance VPN solutions
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Security Engineers (NSEs) involved in VPN design, implementation and maintenance.
- Cisco customers who implement and maintain Cisco ASA (adaptive security appliance) based VPN solutions.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Cisco channel partners who sell, implement, and maintain Cisco ASA security appliances
- Cisco engineers who support the sale of Cisco ASA security appliances
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification, comprising Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1) & Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2)
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
VPN training course is recommended as preparation for exam:
- 642-647 VPN v1.0
This course is associated with the CCNP Security Certification.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Evaluating the Cisco ASA VPN Subsystem
- ASA Software Architecture
- Common Cisco ASA Remote Access VPN Concepts
ASA IPsec VPN Solutions
- Basic Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Certificate Authentication in Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Cisco IPsec VPN Client
- Basic Easy VPN Solutions
ASA AnyConnect Remote Access VPN Solutions
- Basic AnyConnect Full Tunnel SSL VPN Solution
- Advanced Deployment
- Advanced Authentication in AnyConnect Full Tunnel SSL VPNs
ASA Clientless SSL Remote Access VPN Solutions
- Basic Clientless SSL VPN Solution
- Advanced Application Access for Clientless SSL VPN
- Advanced Authentication
- Single Sign-On in a Clientless SSL VPN
- Customize the Clientless SSL VPN User Interface and Portal
Advanced Cisco ASA VPN Solutions
- VPN Authorization and Accounting
- Cisco Secure Desktop in SSL VPNs
- Dynamic Access Policies
- High Availability and High Performance in SSL and IPsec VPNs