Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager 2 v8 (CIPT2 V8) — A 5 day course
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2) v8.0 prepares you for implementing Cisco Unified Communications solution in a multisite environment.
It covers globalized call routing, Cisco Service Advertisement Framework (SAF) and Call Control Discovery (CCD), tail-end hop-off (TEHO), Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), and mobility features such as Cisco Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility.
You will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment including TEHO, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN.
You will also enable Call Admission Control (CAC) including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Preconditions and automated alternate routing (AAR).
After completing this course the student will be able to:
- Describe multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements
- Implement call-processing resiliency in remote sites by using Cisco Unified SRST, MGCP fallback, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in Cisco Unified SRST mode
- Implement bandwidth management and CAC to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN
- Implement Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility
- Describe and implement CCD deployments
Learner Prerequisite Skills and Knowledge
Course Goal and Objectives
Your Training Curriculum
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Administrators and Network Engineers
- CCNP Voice candidates
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Systems Engineers
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks
- Working knowledge of the MGCP, SIP, and H.323 protocols and their implementation on Cisco IOS gateways
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a single-site environment
This course is recommended as preparation for exam:
- 642-457 CIPT1 v8.0
CIPT is part of the CCNP Voice Certification path.