Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS v8.0 (CVOICE) — A 5 day course
Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE) v8.0 teaches learners about voice gateways, characteristics of VoIP call legs, dial plans and their implementation, basic implementation of IP phones in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment and essential information about gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Element.
The course provides the learners with voice-related QoS mechanisms that are required in Cisco Unified Communications networks.
After completing the CVOICE course, students will be able to:
- Explain what a voice gateway is, how it works, and describe its usage, components, and features
- Describe the characteristics and configuration elements of VoIP call legs
- Describe how to implement IP phones using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Describe the components of a dial plan and explain how to implement a dial plan on a Cisco Unified voice gateway
- Explain what gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Elements are, how they work, and what features they support
- Describe why QoS is needed, what functions it performs, and how it can be implemented in a Cisco Unified Communications network
Introduction to Voice Gateways
VoIP Call Legs
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoints Implementation
Dial Plan Implementation
Gatekeeper and Cisco Unified Border Element Implementation
Quality of Service
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Administrators and Network Engineers
- CCNP Voice candidates
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Systems Engineers
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco IOS routers in IP environment at the CCNA level
- Basic knowledge of traditional voice, converged voice, and data networks at the CCNA Voice level
The CVOICE v8.0 course is recommended as preparation for exam:
- 642-437 CVOICE v8.0
This course is part of the CCNP Voice Certification path.