CNS-203-1I Basic Administration for Citrix NetScaler 9.2 — A 5 day course
This course has been retired and replaced by the following Citrix NetScaler 10 courses:-
This CNS-203-1I Basic Administration for Citrix NetScaler 9.2 course (also known as CNS2031I, CNS-2031I, CNS-2031 and CNS2031) covers the initial configuration and administration of Citrix NetScaler 9.2.
Delegates gain an understanding of NetScaler features such as load balancing, SSL offload, classic and advanced expressions, caching, compression, content switching, and AppExpert templates.
Interactive instructor-led discussion and hands-on labs and exercises guide learners through administrator tasks preparing them to manage Citrix NetScaler 9.2 deployments.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Identify deployment considerations and network placement options
- Perform an initial configuration
- Identify NetScaler-owned IP addresses
- Configure virtual local area networks (VLANs)
- Configure reverse network address translation (RNAT)
- Configure access control lists
- Configure high availability
- Configure load balancing
- Configure SSL offload
- Configure global server load balancing (GSLB)
- Configure NetScaler features using classic and advanced policy expressions, including:
- Content filtering
- Content switching
- URL transformation
- Integrated caching
- Perform basic management, such as auditing, logging and monitoring
This course is intended for system administrators or network operations personnel, who configure and administer Citrix NetScaler products.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners have the following:
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols and an understanding of the OSI model
- Experience with network devices such as routers and switches, various networking protocols and aspects of application and site architecture such as DMZ and VLANS
- Moderate exposure to UNIX or Linux
- Exposure to basic systems administration concepts, including logging, software upgrade procedures and high availability operations
- Familiarity with web server software such as Apache, IIS or WebSphere
- Basic knowledge of DNS, SSL, and compression concepts
- Understanding of concepts related to server load balancing and content switching
- Knowledge of network security threats and site protection concepts such as firewalls, worms, DDoS attacks
Citrix credentials distinguish an elite set of IT professionals who have proven their expertise in Citrix solutions, opening doors to a multitude of personal and professional rewards. Organised into three levels of certification based on job roles, Citrix certification is the the best way to prove knowledge and experience to employers, hiring managers or clients.
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
For IT administrators, the CCA validates the skills necessary to implement a specific Citrix product.
CCA for Citrix NetScaler 9
Exam: A21 Basic Administration for Citrix NetScaler 9.2
Prepare with CNS-203 Basic Administration for Citrix NetScaler 9.2
In order to adequately prepare for a Citrix certification exam, it is highly recommend that individuals take the related preparatory training. Each training course focuses on building a skill set that addresses complex testing scenarios, but more importantly, the demands of on-the-job problem solving.
In addition to taking the recommended training courses, know what to expect on test day by downloading the related certification exam prep guide. Each exam prep guide provides important information you will need to be successful, including the skills measured, topics covered, exam format, and most importantly, the recommended preparation. Access exam prep guides by logging into http://training.citrix.com/cms/education/certification/
Exams are not included as part of the course nor in the course fee.
Book your exam with Pearson VUE Testing Services
Details of all Citrix Certifications will be found at the following link:-
This course has been retired and is no longer available.