Influencing Skills — A 2 day course
Do you want to make a greater impact and improve your credibility?
Do you want to make it easier to acheive your aims and ambitions at work?
Do you want to be able to influence people from all levels and backgrounds?
This course will enable you to achieve your aims and objectives, while building rapport based on mutual trust and respect. You will learn skills, techniques and strategies to adapt your influencing style to deal effectively with the range of people you will encounter.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Define the difference between influence, persuasion, power and manipulation
- Identify the behaviours, characteristics and styles of effective influencers
- Recognise the different sources of power
- Define the relationship between power and influence
- Recognise the different strategies for influencing
- Use a wider range of influencing styles in appropriate circumstances
- Select the appropriate strategies for key contacts in the workplace
Establish personal objectives for the course
Influencing Styles - yours and others'
What makes an effective and ineffective communicator?
Influential and non-influential behaviours
Key behaviours that will help you influence and persuade
The definitions of power and influencing
Sources of power
Using power in influencing
Manipulation and defensiveness
The 'pull' technique
Behavioural styles - making your case
Observing influencing strategies in practise
Completion of a personal action plan
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.