Crystal Reports 2008 Level 1 — A 2 day course
Organisations use reporting tools to access data sources and generate customised reports. Crystal Reports 2008 enhances report building and report processing techniques with a slew of features that add value to your presentation.
In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying its presentation.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Explore the Crystal Reports interface
- Create a basic report and modify it
- Use formulas for filtering data
- Build a parameterized report
- Group report data
- Enhance a report
- Create a report using data sourced from an Excel database
- Distribute data
Exploring the Crystal Reports 2008 Interface
Working with Reports
Using Formulas in Reports
Building Parameterized Reports
Grouping Report Data
Enhancing a Report
Creating a Report from Excel Data
Appendix A: Up and Configuring Data Sources
Appendix B: Using Report Processing Techniques
Appendix C: Using Functions in Formulas
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course is designed for people who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, and/or such tools may not be accessible. Students may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
Before attending this course, students should be able to:
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows, organise folders and files
- Work with Windows - Minimise, Maximise, Open, Close
- A basic understanding of database principles, including: Relationships between tables; Joins and Primary Keys; Experience of using data manipulation software, such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel
- Prior knowledge of SQL is desirable, but not essential