ITIL Fast Track Service Transition & Service Operation — A 5 day course
This course is no longer available from GBdirect.
The ITIL® Intermediate Certificates in Service Transition and Service Operation form part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL® Service Management Expert qualification.
In order to maximise the use of your valuable time, this course combines two of the ITIL® Intermediate modules into one intensive Fast Track course that will give candidates a deep level of understanding of the management and control of Service Transition and Service Operation and the interfaces between them and the other stages of the Service Lifecycle.
This ITIL® course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Transition and Service Operation lifecycle phases.
Delegates will receive a copy of ITIL® Intermediate Service Transition and Service Operation Fast Track courseware, along with the Service Transition and Service Operation volumes of the ITIL® Core Books.
The course is intensive and interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL® Intermediate examinations in Service Transition and Service Operation, both worth 3 credits.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Transition and Service Operation in the overall context of Service Management
- Understand Service Transition and Service Operation Principles and Processes
- Manage people through Service Transitions
- Perform common Service Operation activities
- Organise Service Transition and Service Operation effectively
- Recognise Service Transition and Service Operation technology-related activities
- Understand how to implement and improve Service Transition and Service Operation
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Transition and Service Operation
Introduction to Service Transition
- Purpose, Goals, Objectives and Scope
- Business Value
- Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- Service Operation Fundamentals
Service Transition Principles
- Key Policies
- Optimising Service Transition
- Inputs and Outputs
Service Operation Principles
- Achieving Balance
- Providing Good Service
- Core Guidance References
- Operational Health
- Service Operation Inputs and Outputs
Service Transition Processes
- Transition Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
Service Operation Processes
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem ManagementM
- Access Management
- Request Fulfilment
Managing People through Service Transitions
- Managing Communications and Commitment
- Managing Organisational and Stakeholder Change
- Stakeholder Management
Common Service Operation Activities
- Monitoring and Control
- IT Operations
- Server and Mainframe Management and Support
- Network Management
- Storage and Archive
- Database Administration
- Directory Services Management
- Desktop and Mobile Device Support
- Middleware Management
- Internet/web Management
- Facilities and Data Centre Management
- Operational Activities across the Lifecycle
- Improvement of Operational Activities
Organising Service Transition
- Organisational Context and Development
- Organizational Structures
- Service Desk
- IT Operations Management
- Technical Management
- Application Management
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Relationship with Other Lifecycle Phases
Implementation and Improvement of Service Transition and Service Operation
Challenges, CSFs and Risks
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
This course is aimed at individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.
It will give delegates a detailed understanding of the ITIL® Service Transition and Service Operation phases of the ITIL® core lifecycle and how they may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation. Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Transition and Service Operation environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL® Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
Delegates will sit the Intermediate Service Transition examination on the third day of the course and the Intermediate Service Operation examination on the final day of the course.
- Eight complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part, scenario-based, gradient-scoring)
- Closed book
- 90 minutes
- 70% pass mark (28/40)
Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.