JUNOS Routing Essentials (JRE) — A 1 day course
This one-day course provides students with the foundational knowledge required to work with JUNOS Software and to configure devices running JUNOS Software.
Key topics include user interface options with a heavy focus on the command-line interface (CLI), configuration tasks typically associated with the initial setup of devices, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration, and the basics of operational monitoring and maintenance of devices running JUNOS Software.
This course is based on JUNOS Software version 9.5R1.8.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the JUNOS Software and monitoring basic device operations.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables
- Configure and monitor static routing
- Configure and monitor OSPF
- Describe the framework for routing policy and firewall filters
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy and firewall filters
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy
- Write and apply a routing policy
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters
- Write and apply a firewall filter
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF)
- Explain the purpose and benefits of class of service (CoS)
- List and explain the various components of CoS
- Implement and verify proper operation of CoS
- Routing Concepts
- Static Routing
- Dynamic Routing
- Lab 1: Routing Fundamentals
Routing Policy and Firewall Filters
- Routing Policy Overview
- Case Study: Routing Policy
- Lab 2: Routing Policy
- Firewall Filters Overview
- Case Study: Firewall Filters
- Unicast Reverse-Path-Forwarding Checks
- Lab 3: Firewall Filters
Class of Service
- CoS Overview
- Traffic Classification
- Traffic Queuing
- Traffic Scheduling
- Case Study: CoS
- Lab 4: Class of Service
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Dublin — £700 (+VAT)
Harrogate — £700 (+VAT)
London — £700 (+VAT)
Nottingham — £700 (+VAT)
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running JUNOS Software.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to JUNOS (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.