Managing WX Devices Using WX CMS Software (WX CMS) — A 2 day course
This course has been retired. Please review the portfolio of Juniper courses available here.
This course is designed to provide an overview of WX CMS software, the management and configuration tool for the WX Series and WXC Series Application Acceleration Platforms.
This two-day, instructor-led course covers the configuration and management of WX devices using WX CMS software.
It also covers the installation and management of the WX CMS software itself.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the capabilities of WX CMS software.
- Describe how WX CMS software interacts with other devices in a network environment.
- List the system requirements, as well as pre-installation, installation, and recommended configuration tasks for installation of WX CMS software.
- Configure user accounts, user groups, and device groups.
- Load, schedule, manage, and roll back boot images for WX platforms.
- Extract, duplicate, create, edit, and load WX device configurations.
- Use WX CMS software's monitoring tools to create, schedule, and manage reports.
- Configure and perform content distribution.
- Configure and perform autodeployment for remote WX devices.
This course is designed for administrators who install and manage WX CMS software and WX devices, and for network managers who monitor device performance.
Prerequisites include a general knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching, as well as experience configuring WX platforms in a networking environment.
Knowledge of VLANs and WAN protocols, such as MPLS and Frame Relay, is also helpful.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- The WX Framework
- WX Deployment
- WX Concepts
WX CMS Software Overview
- WX CMS Software Overview
- How WX CMS Software Works
- System Requirements
- Preinstallation and Installation Tasks
- WX CMS Quick Setup
- Lab 1: Setting Up the Lab Environment
WX CMS Software Setup and Administration
- User Account and Device Management
- Configuring User Account and Device Management
- Steps to Complete Initial Setup
- Lab 2: WX CMS Software Setup and Administration
Managing WX Devices
- Managing WX Device Boot Images
- Administering WX Devices
- Monitoring and Managing Scheduled Tasks
- Lab 3: Managing WXC Platforms
- Overview of WX Platform Configurations
- Creating and Editing Configurations
- Loading Configurations
- Managing Configurations
- Lab 4: Managing WXC Platform Configurations
- Configuring the My WAN Page
- Scheduling and Managing Reports
- Polling Architecture and Troubleshooting
- Lab 5: Monitoring Performance
- Content Distribution Overview
- Configuring Content Distribution
- Lab 6: Content Management
- Automatic Deployment Overview
- Configuring Autodeployment
- Lab 7: Automatic Deployment