Manage the Team — A 3 day course
Are you managing a team?
Would you like to be able to schedule resources?
Do you want creative ideas to come easily?
Do you need to motivate a group of people to work for you?
Are you dealing with things reactively rather than proactively planning them?
Do you need to run appraisals and manage performance?
Companies need managers to motivate and drive teams to get work done. There is huge company benefit in terms of work saved, time saved and retention of effective staff, by good managers who know what they are doing and can motivate teams to accomplish what they have planned.
Developing management abilities is key to the growth of both the individual and the company. It is imperative that new supervisors and managers acquire the foundation of relevant skills upon which to build their career.
You will acquire new skills in motivation, communication and organisation and as a result will feel more confident about managing a team, planning workloads and managing performance.
We will be using the Belbin Self-Perception Inventory to measure your preferred behaviour and contributions within a team. You will get an analysis of your strengths and potential areas for improvement as a team member.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Plan work for your team
- Motivate them to complete it to the best of their ability
- Coach so that their efforts match requirements
- Manage your time
- Communicate with clarity
- Drive the team forward
- Manage your stress levels
- Gain more recognition for what you do
From the Practical Workshops, students will:
- Practice Goal setting skills
- Practice turning goals into tasks
- Practice skills for team motivation
- Know how to monitor, forecast and progress action
- Using the 'GROW' technique to empower and motivate team performance
- Completion of a personal action plan
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.