McAfee Advanced ePolicy Orchestrator — A 2-day course
Please note that this course is no longer available. Please see our Training Homepage for currently available courses.
The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Advanced Features course enables attendees to receive in-depth training on the full benefits of some advanced ePO 4.0 features not covered in depth in the standard ePO class. Enabling administrators to fully understand the capabilities of their security solution not only reduces the risks of misconfiguration but also ensures an organization gets the maximum protection from their ePO installation.
McAfee training courses allow customers to get more from McAfee products faster.
- Fully understanding a product enables optimal configuration allowing maximum protection to an organization
- Quicker migration reduces time spent paying for legacy solutions
- Administrators can become more efficient, so that they spend less time managing the day-to-day tasks required to run their infrastructure
When deploying any new product there is the risk of disrupting business continuity. Providing training to administrators can significantly reduce the risk of misconfiguration. The impact could be:
- Reduced system security
- System downtime impacting productivity and revenue
- System performance issues, including reduced resilience and scalability
- Delays and additional costs in implementing
This course is aimed at IT Security Professionals with prior experience of ePO and VirusScan Enterprise who want to elaborate additional features of ePO 4.0 including instructor led hands-on labs. This course primarily focuses on the advanced features of McAfee ePO v4.0 and also references VirusScan Enterprise v8.5i.
Topics will include McAfee Agent, Rogue System Detection, System Compliance Profiler, Queries, high availability and clustering, as well as Outbreak Management, Dashboards and new reporting functionalities in ePO v4.0.
This two day course is for ePO administrators who already attended our five day ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) v4.0 and VirusScan Enterprise v8.5i Administration course. The course is aimed at IT Security Professionals with prior experience of ePO and VirusScan Enterprise who want to elaborate additional features of ePO 4.0 including instructor led hands-on labs. This course primarily focuses on the advanced features of McAfee ePO v4.0 and also references VirusScan Enterprise v8.5i.
Experience of Windows Operating Systems and Client-Server environments are fundamental. We would also recommend students to have at least two years in-depth experience administering ePO, VirusScan Enterprise as this course will not cover basic functionality and will focus solely on advanced features of ePO v4.0 and VirusScan Enterprise v8.5i.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
ePO 4.0 Queries / Query Builder Wizard
- Scheduling server tasks and actions (Email, compliance event)
- Reporting on multiple ePO servers in the same environment
ePO 4.0 Dashboards
- Trending Dashboards
- Resolution Dashboards
- Multi Server Compliance Summary
- Specific Dashboards - Auditors, Support Desk, Management
Authentication, Permissions and Notifications
- User accounts and Permission Sets
- Auditing, Notifications
Troubleshooting with staged lab scenarios
- Installation - ePO server & SQL/MSDE server
- Agent _<computername>.log, Frminst.log
- Products - VirusScan, AntiSpyware, HIPS, NAC
- Server - Primary, Apache, Tomcat
High Availability & Recovery
- Clustering - prerequistes, install procedure, upgrading clusters
- Rebuilding & requirements
ePO 4.0 Deployment Scenarios
- Deployment options, including AD integration, scripts, Import of events from legacy database, McAfee Installation Designer 8.5
Rogue System Detection 2.0
- Installation, deployment, configuration & reporting
Administration & Outbreak Management using ePO 4.0 and its tools
- Inactive agents, tagging
- VirusScan 8.5 - On-access protections rules
- System Compliance Profiler
- Integration with NAC and HIPS