McAfee Web Gateway System Administration — A 4-day course
Please note that this course is no longer available. Please see our Training Homepage for currently available courses.
McAfee Web Gateway System Administration (formerly known as Webwasher) provides an in-depth introduction to the tasks crucial to setting up and administering Web Gateway effectively.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- List available install and hardware options for MWG 7.0
- Contrast the new policy features of the MWG 7.0 with previous versions
- Breakdown the elements of a Web Gateway policy rule
- Create new web policy rules that perform web filtering on the following criteria:
- Media type
- Trusted source
- Presence of Authentication
- URL Categories
- IP address
- Generate a rule that implements a custom block page
- Create a new administrator and role for User Interface access
- Integrate a McAfee Web Gateway into a network
- Describe the three configuration modes and best when to use them
- Generate a web policy that logs to a separate file
- Perform configuration backups and restores
- Demonstrate how SSL decryption can be used to Secure HTTPS traffic
- Troubleshoot common McAfee Web Gateway problems
- Use MWG in conjunction with Web Reporter to generate useable reports on Web traffic
This advanced course is for developers of custom Fixlets and tasks. Deployment specialists will also benefit from this course.
It is recommended that the students should have:
- A working knowledge of Windows administration and System Administration concepts
- A basic understanding of computer security concepts and networking concepts
- A understanding of basic UNIX commands
- Working knowledge of Internet services including: DNS, Sendmail, FTP and WWW services, Internet protocols (TCP, UDP, etc.) and their usage routing and connectivity flow (LAN, WAN, Internet)
This course has been retired and is no longer available.