Microsoft Course - Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 for BizTalk Server 2006 Developers— A 2-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This training course is designed to introduce developers to the new features of BizTalk Server 2009. It also covers the features which were first introduced in BizTalk Server 2006 R2. The course complements and follows on from the course M2933 'Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006'.
The course begins with a discussion of installing or upgrading to BizTalk Server 2009. You will then see how to use the BizTalk WCF adapters, including the new line-of-business WCF adapters (such as the SQL Server WCF adapter). You will learn to create flexible and dynamic solutions using the new Enterprise Service Bus Toolkit. Electronic Data Interchange is essential for many organisations, and you will discover how BizTalk supports EDI and AS2 processing using both X12 and EDIFACT / EANCOM standards. Finally, you will see how BizTalk RFID Server enables RFID-based solutions, and how to create custom processes for reading, writing and printing RFID tags.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the new features of BizTalk Server 2006 R2 and BizTalk Server 2009
- List the requirements for installing or upgrading to BizTalk Server 2009
- Use the BizTalk WCF Adapters
- Use the BizTalk LOB Adapter Pack, and in particular the WCF-SQL adapter
- Consume a WCF Service from a BizTalk orchestration
- Use the Adapter Service Wizard to consume a LOB Adapter Service
- Publish orchestrations and schemas as WCF services
- Understand the purpose of the Enterprise Service Bus Toolkit
- Install and configure the ESB Toolkit
- Use ESB Pipeline components
- Use dynamic resolution in the ESB
- Create itineraries using the Visual Studio Itinerary Designer
- Understand the ESB Exception Framework and Management Portal
- Understand the basics of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
- Use the BizTalk EDI Application to support X12 and EDIFACT /EANCOM messages
- Configure the EDI Properties for a BizTalk Party.
- Understand what AS2 adds to EDI, and how BizTalk supports AS2
- Use the BizTalk EDI and AS2 reporting tools
- Understand the purpose of BizTalk RFID Server
- Configure Device Providers, Devices and Processes in the RFID Manager
- Create a custom event handler for BizTalk RFID
- Integrate BizTalk RFID Server with BizTalk Server 2009
- Developers using BizTalk Server 2009.
The course assumes knowledge of the material covered by the course M2933 'Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006'.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.