Microsoft Course M5047-M5049-M5050 - Implementing, Troubleshooting and Maintaining a MS Exchange Server 2007 Infrastructure — A 5-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This five-day instructor-led course will teach students who are new to Exchange Server how to configure and manage a messaging environment in accordance with technical requirements, provide messaging specialists with the knowledge and skills needed to manage messaging and connection security, and recover Exchange mailboxes and servers in a variety of disaster scenarios. This course combines content from 3 separate Microsoft courses, with the content covered as follows:
Days 1-3 (M5047): on these days delegates will learn how to install Exchange Server 2007 and manage routing, client access, and the backup and restore of databases, manage addressing and recipient objects such as mailboxes, distribution groups and contacts.
Day 4 (M5049): this day provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to manage messaging security and policies. Students will learn how to manage messaging and connection security
Day 5 (M5050): this day provides delegates with the knowledge and skills specialists need to recover Exchange mailboxes and servers in a variety of disaster scenarios
After completing this Microsoft course, students will be able to:
- Describe how Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory work together.
- Install Exchange Server 2007 and Configure Mailbox Server roles.
- Manage recipient objects, e-mail and address lists.
- Manage client access and Manage Messaging Transport.
- Manage anti-spam and antivirus features.
- Configure edge transport servers
- Implement messaging policies
- Recover messaging databases.
- Prepare for and recover from Mailbox and Non-Mailbox server failures.
- Manage availability, backup and recovery.
- Maintain the message system, anti-spam and antivirus features.
- Configure edge transport servers and Implement messaging policies
- Recover messaging databases.
- Prepare for and recover from Mailbox and non-Mailbox server failures.
This course is intended for IT and help desk professionals, wanting to learn about Exchange 2007, including enterprise-level messaging administrators with at least 3 years experience working in the Information Technology field, including administering Exchange Servers. Administrators should have some experience with Exchange Server 2007.
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- Working knowledge of malware.
- Conceptual understanding of firewalls
- Working knowledge of how PKI is managed in the directory.
- Experience using these tools an applications:
- NTBackup and NSLookup command.
- Windows Explorer
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- Active Directory Sites and Services
- Internet Information Services (IIS) Admin
- Working knowledge of Windows server operating system
- Working knowledge of network technologies.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Conceptual understanding of e-mail technologies: Post Office Protocol (POP), Internet Access Message Protocol (IMAP), SMTP
Recommended as preparation for exam:
- Exam 70-236: Implementing, Troubleshooting and Maintaining a MS Exchange Server 2007 Infrastructure.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
Overview of Exchange and Active Directory
- Review of Active Directory
- Intro to the Integration of Active Directory and Exchange Server 2007
Installing Exchange Server 2007
- Intro to the Exchange Server 2007 Server Roles
- Installing Exchange Server 2007
- Completing the Exchange Server 2007 Installation
Configuring Mailbox Server Roles
- Overview of Exchange Server 2007
- Implementing Mailbox Server Roles
- Managing Public Folder Databases
Managing Recipient Objects
- Managing Mailboxes
- Managing Other Recipients
- Overview of Managing Public Folders
Managing E-Mail Addresses and Address Lists
- Configuring E-Mail Address Policies
- Configuring Address Lists
- Overview of Bulk Recipient Tasks
Managing Client Access
- Implementing Client Access Servers
- Implementing Client Access Features
- Implementing Outlook Web Access
- Intro to Implementing Mobile Messaging
Maintaining Antivirus and Anti-spam Systems
- Intro to AV and Anti-Spam Management
- Implementing Anti-spam Features
- Implementing Antivirus Features
Configuring Edge Transport Servers
- Deploying Edge Transport Servers
- Configuring Internet Message Delivery
- Configuring Security for Internet E-Mail
Implementing Messaging Policies
- Intro to Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Implementing Messaging Records Management
- Implementing Transport Rules
Recovering Messaging Databases
- Overview of Database Recovery Scenarios
- Recovering a Messaging Database Using Dial-Tone Recovery
Preparing for and Recovering from Mailbox Server Failures
- Preparing for a Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Mailbox Servers
Preparing for and Recovering from Non-Mailbox Server Failures
- Preparing for a Non-Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Non-Mailbox Servers