Microsoft Course 50094 - Deploying & Administering Microsoft Forefront Security For Exchange Server, SharePoint & Security Management Console — A 2-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Microsoft Security page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This M50094 course provides students with the knowledge and skills to deploy and administer Microsoft Forefront Server Security products. This class includes lecture and hands-on labs (covering several server products) and was developed by Microsoft Consulting Services using their detailed implementation knowledge and best practices.
On completion of this M50094 training course, delegates should be able to:
- Describe aspects of the multiple engine settings and the balance of information versus performance in Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Discuss how transport scanning works in Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Identify and understand the differences between default mode and outbreak mode protection, and understand the file, content, and keyword filtering options available with Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Identify components and services within Forefront Security for SharePoint
- Use Forefront Security for SharePoint filters and templates to define scanning options
- Understand Forefront Security for SharePoint diagnostics, logging, and statistics gathered during maintenance and from notifications
- Understand the various alerts and reporting features available in Forefront Server Security Management Console
- Identify the eight Management Console job categories and the basic role of each classification
This course is intended for technical deployment specialists and senior-level administrators who manage a Microsoft Exchange Server or Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies infrastructure or security practice.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Before attending this course, students must have Windows Server certifications or deployment experience and be familiar with the Forefront product line: Client, Server, and Edge.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Forefront Security for Exchange Server Deployment Planning
- Forefront Security for Exchange Server Overview
- E-Mail Transport Scanning
- Store Scanning
- FSE Premium Anti-Spam Features with Exchange 2007
- Using Filters
- Settings and Templates
- Managing Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Diagnostics and Logging
Forefront Security for SharePoint
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Overview
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Scanning
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Using Filters and Templates
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Maintenance and Notifications
Forefront Server Security Management Console
- Security and Access Offerings
- System Requirements
- Forefront Server Security Management Console Features
- Managing Packages
- Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) Support
- FSSMC Redundancy
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Microsoft FSSMC Summary