Microsoft Course 50351 - SharePoint 2010 Overview for Developers — A 2-Day Course
Please note that this course is no longer available. Please review our related courses:
This 2-day instructor-led course will teach you all the new development changes that were made to SharePoint 2010 including Sandboxed solutions, LINQ, REST, Client Object Model, BCS, Workflows and Claims based authentication.
Please note: This course is Based on the RTM version of Sharepoint 2010.
Anyone interested in getting an introductory look at the new development features of SharePoint 2010.
.NET Object Oriented programming and understanding of development in SharePoint 2007.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Module 1: Overview
Module 2: User Interface
In this module we take a look at the new features of SharePoint 2010 from a user interface standpoint. This module will help you with navigating through the remainder of the modules and labs faster. Some things we will explore include the new Ribbon and UI aspects.
- New SharePoint Features
- Lab : User interface: UI Improvements; Create Page; Ribbon; Wiki Capabilities
Module 3: Visual Studio 2010
In this module we are going to take a look at the new SharePoint project templates includes with Visual Studio 2010 and their many improved features!
- Visual Studio 2010
- Lab : Visual Studio 2010: Explore SharePoint Project Templates; Packaging and Deployment; Advanced Deployment; Server Explorer
Module 4: Sandboxed Solutions
In this module we are going to take a look at SandBoxed Solutions in SharePoint 2010.
- Sandboxed Solutions
- Lab : Sandboxed Solutions: Explore Sandboxed Solutions; Create and Test Sandboxed Solutions; Explore Limitations of Sandbox Solutions; Configure Sandbox Points
- Lab : DeveloperDashboard: Enable Developer Dashboard
Module 5: LINQ and REST
In this module we are going to take a look at the new REST and LINQ features of SharePoint 2010.
- Lab : REST: Utilize REST Services; REST Service Reference; REST List Service Calls (PUT, GET); REST Excel Service
- Lab : LINQ: LINQ Introduction; Utilize LINQ For SharePoint; Use SPMetal.exe
Module 6: Client Object Model
In this module we are going to take a look at the three new Client Object Models available in SharePoint 2010.
- Lab : Client Object Model: Explore Client Object Model; Utilize Client Object Model (.NET)
- Lab : SilverLight: Utilize Client Object Model (SilverLight)
Module 7: Business Connectivity Services
In this module we are going to take a look at the new Business Connectivity Services.
- Business Connectivity Services
- Lab : BCS: Explore External Content Types; Create a new External Content Type; Create an External List
Module 8: Workflows
In this module we are going to take a look at implementing workflows with SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Lab : ReusableWorkflows: Create Reusable Workflows (Site/Global); Export a workflow to Visio; Import a workflow from Visio; Save as Template
- Lab : ModifyOOBWorkflow: Modify Out Of Box Workflows
Module 9: Claims Based Authentication
In this module we are going to take a look at the new workflow features of SharePoint 2010.
- Claims Based Authentication
- Lab : ClaimsBasedAuth: Programming with Claims; Creating custom claims provider