M40008 - Updating your Database Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 — A 3 day course
The three-day instructor-led Microsoft M40008 course provides existing SQL Server database professionals with the knowledge and skills to use new and enhanced capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
On completion of the Microsoft MS40008 training course, delegates should be able to:
- Describe key new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012
- Install SQL Server 2012
- Use enhanced tools and PowerShell support to manage SQL Server 2012
- Use enhanced Transact-SQL and storage capabilities to develop SQL Server 2012 databases
- Use new and enhanced performance capabilities to optimize a SQL Server 2012 database
- Use new availability and data recovery technologies to provide high availability
- Use new and enhanced security capabilities in SQL Server 2012
- Use SQL Azure
- Describe new Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities in SQL Server 2012
Introducing SQL Server 2012
This module provides an overview of SQL Server 2012.
- Overview of SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Editions and Components
Installing SQL Server 2012
This module describes how to install SQL Server 2012.
- Installation Options and Requirements
- Installing SQL Server
- Deploying SQL Server in a Private Cloud
- Lab: Installing SQL Server
- Lab: Using a Data-Tier Application in a Private Cloud Scenario
Managing SQL Server 2012
This module describes new and enhanced features that make it easier to manage SQL Server databases.
- Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
- New and Enhanced Dynamic Management Views
- Using PowerShell to Manage SQL Server
- Lab: Managing SQL Server
Developing SQL Server 2012 Databases
This module describes new Transact-SQL and data storage capabilities that you can use to develop databases.
- Transact-SQL Enhancements
- New and Enhanced Transact-SQL Functions
- Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
- Storing and Querying Documents
- Lab: Developing SQL Server Databases
Performance and Tuning Enhancements
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced performance tuning features in SQL Server 2012.
- Performance Optimization Tools
- Enhancements to Indexing
- Lab: Optimizing SQL Server Performance
High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced features for data recovery and availability.
- AlwaysOn High Availability
- Enhancemenst to Data Recovery
- Lab: Using AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
This module describes how to use security enhancements in SQL Server 2012.
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
- Lab: Implementing Security
Extending Data Solutions to the Cloud
This module provides an introduction to SQL Azure.
- Introduction to SQL Azure
- Working with SQL Azure
- Lab: Using SQL Azure
Overview of BI Enhancements in SQL Server 2012
This module introduces enhancements to BI support in SQL Server 2012.
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
- SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
- Lab: Exploring BI Features
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
The Microsoft 40008 course is intended for database professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Experience of creating database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming