Microsoft Course 6463 - Visual Studio 2008: ASP.NET 3.5 — A 2-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the RETIRED page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to create a fully functional Web application by using ASP.NET 3.5.
On completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Explain how to create dynamic Web pages by using ASP.NET
- Manage state, handle requests, and improve accessibility by using the features of ASP.NET
- Configure an ASP.NET application by using .config files
- Create a user interface on an ASP.NET page by using standard Web server controls
- Create a user control and a custom server control and add them to an ASP.NET page
- Access and manipulate data from different sources by using ADO.NET 3.5
- Access and manipulate data from Windows Communication Foundation services or Web services
- Present data to the user by placing data-bound controls on an ASP.NET page
- Improve page responsiveness by using the ASP.NET AJAX controls
- Interact with the user, access services, and access the AJAX client-side library by using client scripts
- Find and eliminate bugs in an ASP.NET application
- Deploy an ASP.NET application to a production Web server
- Write pages that adapt to the capabilities of mobile devices
- Utilize controls that adapt to the capabilities of mobile devices
This course is intended for application developers who know how to create applications in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.
Before attending this course, students should have intermediate experience developing applications by using previous versions of Microsoft Visual Studio at level 200.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
Module 1: Getting Started with ASP.NET 3.5
This module explains how to build and configure a simple ASP.NET application.
Module 2: Implementing a User Interface with ASP.NET Server Controls
This module explains how to implement a dynamic user interface by using ASP.NET controls.
Module 3: Displaying and Manipulating Data in ASP.NET 3.5
This module explains how to display and manipulate data from any source in an ASP.NET application.
Module 4: Creating Responsive Pages by Using Client-Side Technologies
This module explains how to create pages that respond rapidly to user requests.
Module 5: Debugging and Deploying ASP.NET Applications
This module explains how to deploy a reliable, robust Web application to a Web server.
Module 6: Writing ASP.NET Applications for Mobile Devices
This module explains how to ensure that mobile device users can access all the functionality of a Web site.