Microsoft Course M6292 - Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client — A 4 day course
The four-day Microsoft M6292 course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
After completing the Microsoft M6292 training course, students will be able to:
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
- Helps prepare delegates to sit the Examination 70-680:- MCTS Windows 7, Configuring
The Microsoft M6292 course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
- Expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
- Acquiring deep technical knowledge of Windows 7.
- Learning the details of Windows 7 technologies.
- Focusing on the 'how to' associated with Windows 7 technologies.
Most delegates use some version of Windows client at their work place and are looking at new and better ways to perform some of the current functions.
If you have previous experience working with Windows XP Client and technologies and have attended a similar course to this on a previous Windows version, then this course may not be suitable for you, so please contact us to discuss the suitability of this course for you.
Delegates wishing to attend the Microsoft 6292 course should have the following knowledge:
- Experience installing PC hardware and devices.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- The skills to map network file shares.
- Experience working from a command prompt.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
Recommended training for:
- Examination 70-680:- MCTS Windows 7, Configuring
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7 (Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer; Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7; Deploying a Windows 7 Image)
Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers (Configuring Disks; Configuring Disk Quotas; Updating a Device Driver)
Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers (Creating and Configuring a Shared Folder for All Users; Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users; Creating and Sharing a Printer)
Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity (Configuring IPv4 Addressing; Configuring IPv6 Addressing; Troubleshooting Network Connectivity)
Configuring Wireless Network Connections
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections (Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network; Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity)
Securing Windows 7 Desktops
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
Lab : Configuring UAC, BitLocker, and AppLocker (Using Action Center; Configuring Local Security Policies; Encrypting Data; Configuring AppLocker)
Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender (Configuring Windows Firewall; Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security; Configuring Windows Defender)
Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers (Monitoring System Performance; Backing Up and Restoring Data; Configuring System Restore Points; Configuring Windows Update)
Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7 (Configuring Power Options; Configuring Remote Desktop; Configuring DirectAccess; Configuring BranchCache)