Microsoft Course 6428 - Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services — A 2-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This two-day instructor-led M6428 course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a Terminal Services (TS) environment. The course focuses on configuring of TS core functionality, licensing, Gateway, and Web Access.
This is the second course in the Windows Application Platform Services Technology Specialists Who Use Windows Server 2008 curriculum and will introduce the students to the Windows 2008 Terminal Services.
On completion of this M6428 training course, delegates should be able to:
- Install and configure the TS role
- Configure TS settings
- Identify the appropriate licensing scope and configure forest, domain, and workgroup licensing
- Identify when to use the per-user and per-device licensing modes
- Install the TS Licensing Role
- Configure TS licensing for per-user and device licenses
- Manage the licensing lifecycle
- Configure TS connection properties using TS console and Group Policy
- Troubleshoot TS connection properties for a single user and multiple users
- Identify the considerations for the types of applications that can be installed in a TS environment
- Install applications on TS
- Configure TS Web Access to make TS RemoteApp programs available through a Web site
- Configure TS Easy Print
- Install and configure TS Web Access role service
- Configure a TS session broker for a load-balanced TS farm
- Configure TS Gateway properties
- Monitor active connections using TS Gateway console
- Troubleshoot a TS Gateway connectivity issue
- Manage TS connections to ensure availability of the TS
- Resolve client connectivity issues by verifying end-user configuration using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
- Monitor TS connections to determine when to force client disconnect
- Identify monitoring methods for TS services role
- Configure resource allocation policies using WSRM based on the environment
- Monitor WSRM performance using the WSRM Monitoring TS tool
This course is intended for an individual whose primary role is a Technology Specialist in an enterprise environment. Also, individuals who are assuming a new role requiring skills to manage connections served by a terminal server session over the intranet, extranet, and Internet would be interested in this course.
Before attending this course, students should have the following skills:
- Understanding and attendence of Fundamentals of a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform course
- Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server experience in an enterprise environment
- Minimum of one year of experience administering and supporting TS
- Minimum of one year of experience administering and supporting Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2003 R2
- Minimum of one year of administering certificate services
- Network+ certification
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
Configuring Terminal Services Core Functionality
This module explains how to install TS and configure core functionality.
- Configuring TS Role
- Configuring TS Settings
Configuring and Managing Terminal Services Licensing
This module explains how to configure and manage TS Licensing.
- Configuring TS Licensing
- Managing TS Licenses
Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Connections
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot connection properties using TS.
- Configuring TS Connection Properties
- Configuring TS Properties Using Group Policy
- Troubleshooting TS
Configuring Terminal Services Resources
This module explains how to configure TS Easy Print and TS RemoteApp.
- Installing Applications
- Configuring Remote Applications
- Configuring Printers
Configuring Terminal Services Web Access
This module explains how to configure TS Web Access.
- Installing the TS Web Access Role Service
Configuring Session Broker
This module explains how to configure TS Session Broker.
- Configuring a TS Session Broker for a Load-Balanced Farm
Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Gateway
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot TS Gateway.
- Configuring TS Gateway
- Troubleshooting TS Gateway Connectivity Issues
Managing and Monitoring Terminal Services
This module explains how to manage and monitor TS connections post installation and configuration. The students will also be introduced to configuring WSRM for TS.
- Managing Current TS Connections
- Monitoring TS Connections
- Configuring WSRM for TS