Moodle™ Administrator Course — A 2 day course
To book a place on this course please contact our training partner HowToMoodle.
Site administrators perform an important function of managing the Moodle™ site on a day-to-day basis. They often have exclusive access to settings and options that can impact dramatically on the experience of participants within courses and the degree to which the Moodle™ site aligns with the wider objectives of the organisation.
Our intensive course provides a wide-ranging overview of the administrative functionality that non-technical users* need to be familiar with to manage a Moodle™ site effectively and to make informed strategic decisions about site set up. This course will help you make the correct decisions first time round.
* Technical users find this course useful too!
Throughout the day you'll have full administrator access to a Moodle™ site. The subject matter of the course means that this day isn't as hands on as our other courses but we'll make live changes to the training site wherever we can so we see settings in action. We'll be asking and inviting questions about your site throughout, so pay attention at the back!
On this Moodle™ training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Adapt the layout of a Moodle™ site
- Identify global settings that impact on security, privacy and access
- Identify and manage options and settings that impact on course design and the experience for participants
- Make changes to the appearance of the site using options within the Moodle™ administration console
- Manually create and manage accounts Identify, assign, modify, create and manage roles
Aspiring Moodle™ site administrators
Current Moodle™ site administrators
Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Moodle™'s suitability for implementation in their organisation
Attendees should be familiar with:
- How to navigate and upload files using the operating system in use for the training venue computers;
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes
- The general concepts of files, folders, upload, download, zip & unzip
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes
- Some knowledge of Moodle™, ideally you will have some appreciation of the course creation tools. This will help you understand the impact of the various administrative settings. Many clients have found combining an administrator course and our course creator workshop beneficial