Packet Analysis with Wireshark Analyzer — A 2 day course
Delegates will receive a comprehensive introduction into the features, functions and the usage of the Wireshark Analyser and will learn methods and techniques about monitoring and analysis of their networks from the packet level.
Network administrators, network managers and all technical staff who are responsible for planning, implementing, and ensuring high performance operation of their data networks.
Basic understanding of Network Fundamentals and TCP/IP operation.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
London — £995 (+VAT)
Features, functions and basic operation of Ethereal/Wireshark Analyser
- Introduction and operation of Wireshark
- Live Capture and Live Capture settings
- Display options and basic interpretation
- Working with Display Filters and Capture Filters
- File Input and Output
Advanced features of Wireshark Analyser
- Preferences and user profiles
- Name resolution
- Packet Reassembly
- Expert Information
- Packet colorisation
Methodology and techniques of network analysis and troubleshooting
- What is packet analysis?
- Steps and techniques for analysing traffic
- Analysing Switched Ethernet - Tapping into the network
- Capturing wireless network traffic
- Measuring network delay and response time
- Measuring network throughput and overhead
Statistics and Baselining
- Terms and Overview
- Wireshark Statistics
- Application Profiles
Analysing networks and applications
- "Is it the network or the application?" - Fault isolation
- Typical network related problems
- Application types and typical application related problems