PostgreSQL is an enterprise capable, open source object-relational database system.
Over 15 years in development it has a well proven architecture which is reliable, and preserves data correctness and data integrity. PostgreSQL runs on Unix, Linux, Windows and MacOSX operating systems.
At the standards level PostgreSQL is completely ACID compliant and it:-
- supports foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures
- includes most SQL92 and SQL99 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP
- supports storage of binary large objects, including pictures, sounds, or video
- has native programming interfaces for C/C++, Java, .Net, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, ODBC
- comes with very good documentation
From the perspective of enterprise application development, PostgreSQL provides the expected functionality - namely a powerful query optimiser and planner, write ahead logging, online backups (hot backups), point in time recovery, savepoints for nested transaction, tablespaced and Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC).
Unsurprisingly, PostgreSQL also supports Unicode, locale-aware sorting.
PostgreSQL scales very well and can handle very large volumes of data and also support large numbers or users. Currently there are PostgreSQL systems in use that contain around 5 terabytes of data.
Most importantly PostgreSQL is open source under the very liberal BSD license.
Our PostgresSQL courses correspond to the standard kinds of courses for other database management systems such as Oracle, SQLServer and MySQL. They are, however oriented to PostgreSQL. These course have been taught to organisations planning to migrate their applications from Oracle to an open source database environment, or to implement PostgreSQL applications that will interwork with some of their other database applications.
On-Site Courses (only delivered on customer site)
- SQL Querying for PostgreSQL
- Foundations of SQL for PostgreSQL
- Introduction to SQL PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL Administration
- PostgreSQL Administration using Navicat
Cannot find it....
If you are looking for a particular PostgreSQL training course title but cannot find it in the above list, please contact the sales team via our training enquiries form or by telephone using the number shown at the top of the right hand column.