PostgreSQL Administration using Navicat — A 2 day course
This course covers the installation and use of Navicat for administering PostgreSQL database. It will cover the administration, tuning, backup and recovery of PostgreSQL databases using the Navicat Database Administration Tool.
Attendees are expected to have a good understanding of SQL in the PostgreSQL context, and a basic understanding of PosgreSQL administration.
Courses in this subject are scheduled on an 'ad-hoc' basis. We can arrange a course at our Carshalton centre or on customer site for any client wishing to send two or more delegates on the same course.
For courses at the Carshalton Centre the fee will be:
- £1400 + VAT for the first two delegates
- £660 + VAT for the third delegate
- £480 + VAT for the fourth delegate
- £160 + VAT for each additional delegate to a maximum of eight
On-site course fees are as above + expenses recharged at cost.
For a 1:1 course in Carshalton the fee is £1100 + VAT. For a 1:1 on-site course the fee is £1100 + VAT + expenses recharged at cost.
If there are dates showing below this line, a course has been scheduled and places for individuals are available at £700. Otherwise, no courses are currently scheduled and the above fees apply.
INavicat for PostgreSQL - installation and configuration
- SSL vs. non SSL
- Tunneling connections through SSH
- Understanding Connection keep-alives
- connection parameter storage
Navicat and Cluster Management
- Adding and dropping databases
- Configuring database defaults
- Carrying out database VACCUUM and ANALYZE operations
- Duplicating database objects
Using server monitor to modify and manage systems
Backup and Recovery
- creating backups
- Converting a backup files into an SQL Script
- Running recovery scripts
- Exporting data using Navicat Data export tools
Working with the Navicat Data Viewer/Editor
- Form and Grid Views
- BLOB and large text editing
- custom display formats
- Sorting & Searching
- Following Primary Key - Foreign key relationships
- more complex record filtering
Working with the Navicat Query Builder
- Overview and features - Syntax highlighting. SQL code completion
- SQL console
- Navicat Query logging
Importing and exporting data
- importing via ODBC
- importing data from MS-Excel, CSV, Text, DBF ...
- exporting data to Excel, Access, PDF, HTML
Graphical exploration of database/table structure
Managing schemas, view and stored procedures
Managing privileges amd access control
- visual user manager
- cloning users and their permissions
- group membership management
Overview of the Navicat Report Management Tools
- Report Builder
- Report Viewer