PRINCE2® Practitioner Conversion — A 2 day course
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Conversion course has been developed in order to take delegates who have already passed the PRINCE2® Foundation examination to the level of PRINCE2® Practitioner.
This course takes up where the PRINCE2 Foundation course ends and prepares delegates for the Practitioner examination. The course is accredited through The APM Group and based on the 2009 version of the PRINCE2 manual.
Following the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply all facets of the PRINCE2 Principles, Themes, Processes and tailor each to a specific project
- Set up and manage complex projects
- Identify and control risks throughout the project
- Ensure a focus on quality is maintained throughout the proejct
- Monitor the objectives of a project and the essential adjustments needed to respond to changes in the environment
Delegates must have already passed the PRINCE2 Foundation examination and will be taking this course to achieve the Practitioner status.
Candidates for the examination must already hold a PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate. All delegates booking this course will need to bring a copy of the new 2009 PRINCE2 Manual. This is available to buy(ISBN number (978-0-11-331059-3). Please take approx 20 hours of time to look through this manual before attending, so that you are fully prepared to have the best chances of passing the examination.
The Practitioner exam will be held at the end of the course. It is a two-and-a-half hour, Objective Testing Examination (complex multiple-choice). There are 9 questions per paper with 12 marks available per question - all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 108. Delegates are allowed to use an annotated PRINCE2 Manual to assist them in the examination.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Wokingham — £595 (+VAT)
During the first day the participants will be given exam scenarios and questions similar to those they will face in the practitioner exam. Each question session will be preceded by an overview of the question topic(s) covering the main points of the process, activities or theme being tested.
This will be a structured day offering opportunities for practitioner exam candidates to try out different styles of exam questions. The event manager will provide help and support throughout this time. It will be expected that candidates supplement the learning from day 1 of the course by completing personal study in the evening.
The examination is aiming to measure whether a candidate would be able to apply PRINCE2:2009 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting the method. To this end they need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2:2009 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario, specifically, candidates must be able to:
- Produce detailed explanations of all processes, activities and themes, and worked examples of all PRINCE2:2009 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario.
- Show they understand the relationships between processes, activities, themes and PRINCE2:2009 products and can apply this understanding.
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the processes, components and techniques of PRINCE2:2009 and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements.
- Demonstrate their ability to tune PRINCE2:2009 to different project circumstances.