Programme Management — A 2 day course
The management of a suite of projects aimed at delivering strategic business benefit should not be underestimated. Typical challenges include prioritisation, resourcing, the measurement of benefit and appropriate management attention.
This 2 day Programme Management course will investigate how multi project management can be achieved in the most effective way.
It will give an overview of the main bodies of knowledge and their approach to the topic and introduce a number of practical techniques to achieve successful programme deliver.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Be able to describe the differences between projects, programmes and portfolios
- Be able to state the benefits of programme and portfolio management to a project organisation
- Be able to explain the fundamental principles of programme and portfolio management
- Be able to support the development of a programme framework and culture
- Have developed a full 'toolbox' beyond simple project tools
- Have practiced the knowledge acquired
This strategic level course is designed for Senior Project and Programme Managers who are delivering multi project programmes or portfolios in a complex and dynamic environment. Senior Project Managers and programme support staff will also benefit.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Introductions and Expectations
Overview of Programme Management
- Definitions, Business and Organisational Context, Programme Configurations, Cultural Issues
The Eight Principles of Programme Management
- Programme Management Organisation
- Programme Planning
- Benefits Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Issue and Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Configuration Management
Programme Management Lifecycle
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Establishing a Programme
- Managing the Programme
- Monitoring and Controlling
- Delivering Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- Multi-project Resource Planning
- The effect of Multi-tasking
- Identifying the Critical Constraint
- Enterprise Resource Planning