SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11: Certified Linux Engineer (N3107) — A 5-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Linux - SUSE page for courses currently available in this subject area.
The SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11: Certified Linux Engineer course prepares candidates for the CLE 11 Practicum exam. The SUSE Linux Enterprise Server: Certified Linux Expert 11 (3107) is designed to enable professional administrators to perform specialized tasks on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 concerning networking, storage, virtualisation, and disaster preparedness and recovery.
This course teaches you how to perform the following SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 administrative tasks:
- Manage networking
- Manage server storage
- Work with Xen virtualization
- Harden servers
- Update servers
- Monitor server health
- Prepare servers for disasters
TThis course is designed for experienced SLES server administrators who are, or intend to be, managing SLES servers at a level that goes beyond the basic administration skills covered in CLA and CLP.
Before taking this course, you should have a solid Linux background. Specifically, you should have passed the CLP 11 Practicum exam or have comparable knowledge.
This course prepares you for the Novell Practicum Exam 050-723 and the certified Linux Engineer 11 Certification.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- Configure Bridges
- Bonding Interfaces ( Teaming NICS )
- VLAN Tagging
- Configuring iSCSI Targets
- Configuring iSCSI Clients ( Initiators )
- Install XEN Visualization
- Use vm-install command line options
- Strengthen Security on SLES11
- Use APPARMOR
- Use AIDE
- Implement SMT to deploy updates to SLES11
Prepare for Disasters
- LVM Snapshots
- Multipath for remote storage
- Configure and use NAGIOS for server monitoring