VMware vCenter Configuration Manager For Virtual Infrastructure Management — A 3 day course
This three day course helps to develop a delegate's skills with VMware vCenter Configuration Manager (VCM).
Delegates will gain the ability to install and configure VCM, learn how to navigate the user interface, manage compliance, and perform administrative and configuration tasks within a virtual infrastructure.
By the end of the three day event delegates will have covered:
- where VCM fits into the VMware management portfolio
- the role VCM plays in configuration, change and compliance management
- how the VCM console is used to configure VCM to undertake management of VMware vSphere systems
- how to use the VCM console
- how to obtain data from vSphere systems via the VCM console
- how to use VCM to manage vSphere system compliance
- how to create reports using VCM
- how to undertake a variety of administration tasks, including managing the VCM setup, collecting data, user management, jobs and alerts
- the various options when installing VCM and how to undertake a basic installation
This event is aimed at administrators and IT managers
- ITIL® - Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- VMware vSphere 5.0: Optimise and Scale
- VMware Site Recovery Manager: Install, Configure and Manage (v5)
- vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze & Predict
It is important that delegates have a good level of experience in carrying out basic administration on VMware vSphere ESXi hosts, VMware vCenter Server, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vShield, and virtual machines.
Delegates should also be knowledgeable in performing system administration tasks in Windows, Linux, or Solaris systems.
Details of all VMware Certifications will be found at the following links:-
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Configuration, Compliance, and Change Management
Components and Processes
Configuration for VMware vSphere Systems
Using the Upper Console
VMware vSphere System Compliance Management
Working with Reports
Basic Configuration Settings
User and Role Management
Using the VMware Content Wizard
Migrating Data with the Import/Export Utility
Using the Debug Event Viewer
VMware vCenter Configuration Manager Installation