VMware vCloud 1.5: Design Best Practices — A 3 day course
This three day event will help delegates work through the options available with carrying out a design and implementation of a VMware vCloud® installation.
Delegates will cover the outcomes of the design choices they have made with VMware products - VMware vSphere®, VMware vCloud® Director™, VMware® vCenter™ Chargeback™ and the VMware® vShield Edge™ that is incorporated with vCloud Director. The course culminates in a VMware Cloud design exercise/workshop.
By the completion of the event attendees will have covered the capabilities of the VMware cloud and have been shown how to:
- assess and design an environment for private and public customer requirements
- configure vCloud providers to accommodate server, storage, and network resources
- design a vCloud optimised network infrastructure
- integrate vCloud Director security with existing LDAP systems and design security hierarchies and roles
- design a vCenter Chargeback configuration/implementation
This design event is based upon a series of lab sessions. The first three labs focus on network, provider and security design. The last of the four labs will focus on a complete Cloud architecture design of either a service provider or a private enterprise model.
This course is aimed at a wide audience including sales engineers, consultants and end-user customers. Anyone who will use VMware products to undertake the design of a public and private cloud architecture.
Delegates should have the following existing knowledge or experience including:-
- Attendance on the VMware vCloud: Deploy and Manage the VMware Cloud course
- possess knowledge of vSphere to VCP level
- possess vSphere design experience, with a focus on networking and storage, along with a thorough grasp of TCP/IP
- an appreciation of the vCloud Director, vSphere, vShield Edge and vCenter Chargeback products along with the features, benefits and tasks they can undertake
Details of all VMware Certifications will be found at the following links:-
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.