VMware vSphere 5.1: Optimize and Scale — A 5 day course
This is an advanced, five day event, which provides an intense learning curve for delegates with existing experience of VMware vSphere. It will impart the advanced level knowledge to enable high availability and scalability to be maintained within a virtual infrastructure.
The course is based on the following versions of the software:
- VMware ESXi™ 5.0
- VMware vCenter Server™ 5.1.
Delegates wishing to go on to obtain the VMware Certified Advanced Professional - Data Center Administration [V5] certification (VCAP5-DCA) will also find this course an essential component.
Following completion of the five day course the knowledge will enable delegates to:
- Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Manage changes to the vSphere environment
- Optimize the performance of all vSphere components
- Troubleshoot operational faults and identify their root causes
- Use VMware vSphere ESXi Shell and VMware vSphere
- Management Assistant (vMA) to manage vSphere
- Use VMware vSphere Auto Deploy to provision ESXi hosts
Note: Please be aware that the scalability topics from the five day VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0] course are also covered in the syllabus of this event.
This course is aimed at system administrators and integrators who already have experience of VMware products. Please refer to the Prerequisites section for further details.
Delegates attending the VMware vSphere 5.1: Optimize and Scale course should have already attended one of the following events or possess an equivalent level of knowledge and administration experience (including use of the command-line interface) with ESXi and vCenter Servers:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.1]
Please note this is a very demanding course requiring a high level of commitment to gain most from the experience.
Details of all VMware Certifications will be found at the following links:-
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.