WatchGuard - Firewall XTM Advanced Course — A 2-day course
Please note that this course is no longer available. Please see our Training Homepage for currently available courses.
Participants receive student course guides, which include training materials presented during the class as well as hands-on-lab exercises used in the course.
- Before attending the class, you should have attended the WatchGuard Firewall Basics or WatchGuard Firewall XTM Basics class or possess the equivalent knowledge.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Active Directory Authentication
- Restricting Access with AD users and groups.
- Covers authenticating users on the external network to manage the Firebox and using AD to authenticate MUVPN clients.
- The use of the multi-WAN feature in Fireware and Fireware Pro.
- Students examine the purpose and uses of multi-WAN, safety connections, and learn about the four different routing modes of operation.
- The concept of a virtual local area network (VLAN) in Fireware and describes several different VLAN technologies that are in use today.
- You will learn everything necessary to successfully deploy VLANs with your Firebox.
- How to create Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) between multiple locations using Fireware.
- Students also learn about creating VPNs in a Multi-WAN environment, and about VPN failover.
Firebox X Edge
- Students learn to install and configure the WatchGuard Firebox X Edge.