WatchGuard - Firewall XTM Solution: Basic — A 3-day course
Please note that this course is no longer available. Please see our Training Homepage for currently available courses.
Multi-functional security is a major requirement for small and medium-sized enterprises. Additionally, IPSec VPNs provide major benefits for organisations providing secure authenticated communications inexpensively over the internet. Due to increased firewall requirements there is the increasing need for packet and proxy filtering and for the remote management.
Firewall X training enables detailed configuration and implementation of firewall policies, VPNs, add-on modules and associated management and reporting.
This course covers specification, installation, configuration and management of the FireBox X range of multi-function security appliances using latest WSM version 10. It includes a mixture of hands-on and theoretical sessions leading to the WCSP exam (successful completion of which leads to WatchGuard accreditation status).
You will learn how to:
- Install, configure and manage the WatchGuard Firebox X e-Series
- Understand the environment for Firewall Installation
- Set up proxies including E-mail, FTP and Web proxies
- Configure services and authentications
- Review and configure network settings
- Specify and implement relevant security policies and settings
- Develop and implement an extended corporate network and Virtual Private Network (VPNs)
- Understand centralised management of devices & VPNs using Management Server
- Understand and be able to manage logging and reporting.
This course is valuable for all IT Professionals who are responsible for the specification, installation, management, and support or reporting for firebox X multi-function security appliances.
- Some knowledge of basic networking concepts including network topologies, IP addressing and subnets is assumed. Some knowledge of security is helpful but not essential.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Organising your network
Firebox X configuration options
Firebox X placement and setup
Running the Quick Setup Wizard for Edge, Core and Peak
Using WatchGuard System Manager
Using Policy Manager to define services and Security Policies
- Working with configuration files
- Configuring application proxies for added security
- Creating new policy templates
- Configuring and modifying Firebox X network settings
- Network Address Translation
- Using WebBlocker to filter outgoing web traffic
- Firebox Defences
Gateway Anti virus
Blocking dangerous sites and ports
- Understanding user authentication
- Defining policies by group and user
- Using new Log Server, Management Server, Web-blocker Server
- Understanding Firebox X log files
- Monitoring network
- Using HostWatch to monitor user activity
- Generating reports of network activity
- Working with MUVPN
- BOVPN configuration
- Managing the Edge remotely
- Developing policy and security templates
- Monitoring and maintaining your VPNs
- Configuring the Firebox for VLANs
- Exploring multi-WAN
- Working with Quality of Service
- Using the new CLI and web interface
- Using the new HTTPS and VOIP Proxies
- Role Based Administration