APM Project Risk Certificate Level 1 Workshop — A 2 day course
A significant characteristic of any project is that it is subject to high degrees of uncertainty which translates to risk. The effective management of risk is recognised as a major factor for success on any project. This two day course covers the benefits of managing project risks, and the principles underpinning effective risk management, including the process and its application, organisational and control aspects.
The exam syllabus is primarily based on the APM BoK, the APM PRAM Guide, and BS6079 Parts 1 & 3
The Association for Project Management (APM) is the UK's leading professional body for Project Managers and as such the APM Risk management Qualification is recognised as a valuable asset fro any project or programme manager.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- State the key principles of risk management
- Understand the need for and be able to write good risk descriptions
- Plan effective risk reduction actions
- Use a wide range of techniques to keep the process active
- Apply risk management at both the project and portfolio (programme) level
- Apply quantitative assessment techniques to project schedules
The course uses project scenarios and case-studies supported by accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of effective project risk management.
The course covers the following syllabus areas:
- Overview of project risk management
- Initiation - Define and Focus
- Risk identification
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Risk planning, assessment and reporting
- Programme and corporate risk management
- Quantitative risk analysis including advanced quantitative risk analysis
- Human and cultural dimension in risk management
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Candidates for this course include those who are involved in project risk management at any level and, or hold the Association for Project Management APMP qualification.
Delegates should have a good understanding of project management and a basic understanding of the fundamental concepts of project risk management. Ideal candidates for this course include those who are involved in project risk management at any level and, or hold the Association for Project Management APMP qualification.
Delegates are provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. The successful interaction on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend 15 hours working through the pre-reading.
The examination will take place at 16:00 on the second day of the course.
Key exam information:
- One hour long
- Closed book
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 50% pass mark
Throughout the APM Risk Certificate Level 1, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.